2020 has definitely thrown a spanner in the works for holidays and kids summer camps, so we decided to run our own! Children will learn about climate change, plastic pollution, fast fashion, food, energy, biodiversity and how to care for the natural environment. We’ll also explore some small changes we can make that have huge, positive impacts on our planet.
We'll have fun quizzes and challenges for everyone to get involved.
After the session is over you can continue the fun on our Padlet of climate change activities, related to the topic of the day.
- 1hr session from 10 am-11 am, Monday - Friday
- For ages 8-12 years old
- Dates: 13th, 20th, 27th July, 4th, 10th, 17th August (Bank holiday Tues - Sat)
- Cost is €40 per household zoom connection with 10% going to Seal Rescue Ireland.
What is required?
- A laptop/phone for the online Zoom meeting
- A pen and paper to take notes
- Good energy, positive attitude and fun!
Things to Check Out
1. 1. The 27th of June was "Micro, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Day". This is to highlight the importance of small businesses and how they bring so much to our society. Since Covid-19, we have seen many amazing businesses close their doors. Remember to always Support Local and Support Irish, as much as possible. This not only benefits the businesses but also jobs and communities in the local economy.
2. Check out Edie.net for all the latest sustainability information for businesses, you can find useful links, videos, podcasts, articles and much more on their website.
Online Events In July
1. This event is taking place on the 29th June, it ties in with our view that children can help to make a big impact on the world. This is a free workshop and looks like they will be talking about some very interesting topics. Find out more here.
2. Try being Plastic Free this July. Start off by joining on in on this event taking place on the 1st of July, where you can watch and discuss with other like-minded people the movie The Story Of Plastic. Sign up here.
3. EWB Ireland in partnership with TU Dublin, are launching a weekly Resilience webinar series over the summer months. taking place each Wednesday starting at 1.30pm. The webinar series will comprise a short 15-20 minute presentation from a range of guest presenters from around the world. The overall theme of the webinar series is “Resilient Cities and Communities” and how we can rethink and create these post COVID19. Find out more here.
4. Since we have all reverted to online forms of social interaction Zoom Quizzes have become incredibly popular. Challenge yourself to see how much you know about our Planet. Find tickets here.
If you would like to learn more about how you or your work place can become more sustainable, we would be delighted to help you on your green journey. Contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone on +353 (0)1 6877151.